View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
jaydot
jaydot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Simple and inexpensive device for reading PDF screenplays

Hey everybody. I'm looking for a device to read screenplays on. I have a few hundred in a variety of formats: most are PDFs (some text, some that have just been scanned in as images), some are .txt or .html. Because of the quality of the scans and the fact that preserving the original formatting is a factor, OCR and ePub conversion isn't an option for the PDFs. I also read the occasional ePub from Project Gutenberg. Other than support for those formats, my main requirement is an e-ink display; I currently read these on my laptop, which has convinced me that an LCD screen is not ideal for extended reading. Price is also a factor, but I don't know enough about the e-reader market to have a specific number in mind (plus I'm in Canada, so I understand most readers will be slightly more expensive and selection will be slightly more limited anyway). Based on my reading so far, it looks like the Nook, the Sony PRS-T1 and the iRiver Story HD are the best fits, though I'm also curious if there are any discontinued models that would be better suited. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jaydot is offline   Reply With Quote