View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
I just wonder why this pleasant forum has descended into the boring hell of fanboi wars.
People should just buy what they personally prefer, as the Android phones, the iPhone and the MS phones are all competent products.

The thing that does seriously raise my hackles is the deluge of shameless advertorials and blatant product placements I am subjected to in supposedly "quality media".
The reviews are written in a kind of style rarely seen except in comments in the North Korean press extolling the achievements of the Kim family. No article is covering a subject too remote that you can't slip in a mentioning of the iPhone. Princess Kate has her boobs photographed by a paparazzo using an ultra-long telephoto lens? Just mention the danger of cameras lurking everywhere now that the iPhone has 8 MP (doesn't matter that other phones have better cameras). Sony unveils a new version of the PS3? Just claim that console games are being challenged by the iPhone 5 (a-hahahahaha!).
These "reviews" do not even pretend to compare the iPhone with competitors. The data published on competitors is riddled with mistakes, the reviewers parrot dubious or downright false benchmark tests published by Apple fanmags like the one posted above (the question about the value of cross-platform tests isn't being raised anyway).
I am so fed up with this journalistic prostitution that I won't buy an Apple product just for this reason alone. Yet I am not going to complain if my wife buys an iPhone to add to her other Apple stuff.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote