View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #72
jswinden
Nameless Being

Does the IP have a removable inner pot for cleaning. I remember having a nice crock-pot years ago and it was a PITA to clean because you had to place the entire heavy pot in the sink. And worse yet, the electric cord was still attached so you had to try to not get that wet. Loved the cooking part, hated the cleaning part. Most crock-pots were like that back then. But eventually they started making them with a removable inner pot that left the heavy part and electric cable far away from the sink. Much better!

Yes, some people have favorite cooking brands they use. I have none, but there are some I've had issues with so I avoid them now. I really love my little one-person George Foreman grill. It is tiny and can barely fit two hamburger patties on the grill. It cooks very well but the grill cannot be removed, so it too is a PITA to clean just like the old crock-pots were back in the 1980s. I bought a newer and much bigger George Foreman grill about a year ago. It has various removable grills and surfaces, but even though it is very easy to clean it just doesn't cook well at all. It takes forever to heat up and I'm certain it never reached the hot temperatures it is supposed to. It collects dust now. I doubt I will ever buy another George Foreman grill as the quality seems to be terrible now, at least with that one. The same goes for my Panasonic counter-top microwave oven. It cooks okay, and it has lots of features, but after a few months it got to where it doesn't want to turn on unless I slam the door. I'm guessing there is a safety lock feature to keep microwaves inside the oven where they cook your food rather than escaping the oven and cooking you. Apparently that safety latch is not properly connecting unless I slam the door. My sister has the same problem with a different Panasonic microwave oven model. So I won't be buying Panasonic appliances any more either.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-26-2016 at 12:53 PM.