View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #70
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I've noticed a substantial difference in build quality between Instant Pot and other brands I've examined, such as lid materials/construction. Personally, I prefer IP's easy-to-clean stainless steel inner pot (the part in contact with food) versus the nonstick surface found on most other electric pressure cookers. (Instant Pot recently came out with a ceramic nonstick inner pot for those who prefer that. It's sold as a separate accessory, though.)

I occasionally use the "yogurt" setting on my Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, so that's important to me. I sometimes use that setting to proof bread dough, too. I don't believe that function is available on other models, but a lot of cooks don't need it.

That doesn't mean the less expensive cookers perform any different. I suspect that you'd get the same cooking results with any of them, and there might not be a difference in machine longevity either.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote