View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #64
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Obviously it's a brand. So is Power Cooker.
I see no evidence to support the idea that one is cheaper than the other because "you're not paying for the name."
It would seem more likely the price difference is due to a difference in features. It may even be a difference in build quality or materials or in vendor support. I dont know, but how do know thats its not?
Instant Pot was just the first. Walmart's is almost identical. And yes, on anything retail, the name does influence the price more than anything else. Patents are also another cost.
Sometimes you just take a chance.

I do price checks everyday on various items.

But if we want to talk quality and price, Cuisinart (one of the higher end brands) are doing a recall on their food processors because of a blade failure.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote