View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For those of you who have not yet voted and have not read Wool Omnibus, give it a vote as it's very good. Otherwise, you are risking voting for a book that you don't actually know if it is any good.
But then someone wouldn't be voting for the book s/he wanted, but would be lemming your recommendation! I'm shocked, shocked.

Besides, there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I've already read Wool - actually I just finished reading it very recently - and I didn't think it was all that great, but I wouldn't terribly mind it winning since that'd be one less to worry about having to read for my 2012 reading challenge (part of it is reading every selection in the book clubs this year). Wool 1, which is only about 50 pages, is actually a very good short sci-fi story, but Wools 2-5 in my opinion don't really live up to it and they take up the rest of the 450 or so pages.
What's the hapless voter to think? That's why it's good to see who votes for what--someone who's been tracking these things would have an idea if s/he liked JSWolf's type of book or sun surfer's type of book.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote