View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i'm not. i'm getting paid to review their site and content. the sad part is the content is beautiful if you're into gay erotica. very high end professional stuff from an extremely well known artist, but SO restricted it would be better for buyers imo just to buy the paper comic books.

btw, they don't tell you this - you discover it on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Seriously? That's one of their conditions? I wouldn't give a company that institutes that policy one farthing of my money. They don't deserve a penny.
the comics reside on your harddrive. i refused to deal with them, so i had one of my minions download a couple. each took up over 400 mb on his harddrive. i figured this is a form of DRM that "phones home". it didn't seem that their support had a clearer understanding than i do - even less in some areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
From locklizard's page about their PDF security, it sounds like the actual files reside on a server, and are accessed through special software, not copied to the viewing computer at all. In that case, they'd only be readable when the computer is online, and not transferable to mobile devices.

(Or maybe the encryption key is tied to the web if the copy is not. It's hard to sort out exactly what they mean, and I suspect some of that is deliberate.)
i'm a paid reviewer here - i didn't have to pay to view the comics originally we strongly recommended they do a subscription website rather than this DRM stuff that people won't want to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Give it a week, there'll be a crack for it.

Last edited by basschick; 07-09-2009 at 07:55 PM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote