View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Does this mean that kindle touch development will stop?
I try to make my stuff run on all kindles I have, including DX/DXG/K3/K4/K5, and soon Paperwhite. I even plan to make it work on my Nook Simple Touch (some day), without recompiling the executable. At least that is what I want. That is why I like static builds.

EDIT: Considering the fact that I have a bunch of K5 demos arriving soon, I do not plan to stop developing for the K5. In fact, I am working on adding dithering code to the Doom video game (prboom) that twobob ported to the K5, with a goal to make it work on all the eink kindles. But when the Paperwhite comes, we REALLY need to learn how to get it into USB Downloader mode, because the new firmware will undoubtedly lead to Paperwhites gathering dust after they get bricked...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-02-2012 at 02:19 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote