View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
OK, I had to find my tools to disinfect Adobe .pdf, not one I use very often.

(Have you tried downloading the book from within the Transformer? It's "MyLibrary"
app supports the ADE scam.) (Also the nook app shows the free trials in it's library
and they have a "Download" button on them, but when you try it it you get a notice:
"File type not supported".)

Once the file is disinfected Calibre has no problem with it. The Transformer's "MyLibrary"
app has no problems with the disinfected .pdf either.

The issue then becomes what format and output profile to use.

I tried both the "Tablet" and the iPad output formats with an Epub conversion, both
can be read in the Transformer.

I prefer the disinfected .pdf, myself.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; For a student the Mantano reader with it's many features (but limited format
support - .epub & .pdf) could be your best bet. I tried your book on the trial and
it looked very good.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-22-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote