View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:47 PM   #3532
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
After I finally finished Vanity Fair, I followed it up with, of all things, Crime and Punishment--which means that I've read two classic Russian novels this year (the other being Anna Karenina). I liked both of them MUCH better than Vanity Fair.

I abruptly switched gears to true crime; last week I happened to catch a TV movie based on Ann Rule's Bitter Harvest, so I decided to pick up the book, narrated by Cassandra Campbell. It was so much more engrossing and fast-moving than the Russian doorstoppers, but just as depressing!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote