View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I too used have that opinion, but after reading some analysis on it, it shows why many people still talk about TGG.

If we implement a feminist approach, we'd see how Jordan, who is an independent, and in full 1920 regalia, is described in unflattering ways. Every single woman who disrespects patriarchy comes unstuck. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but there are layers to this short book.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I suspect the real reason that the Great Gatsby is a "classic" is because the writing style appeals to literary types and since it's been around so long, many, many literary critics have projected their world views on it.

Personally, the book never did anything for me. I really liked the Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck though, so different strokes for different folks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote