View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
As far as one that I couldn't finish, I had troube with the books about Aurora Teagarden. I couldn't even finish the first one, I'm sad to say. I am such a big time tea person, I wanted to like it so much. But I couldn't connect with the character!

I've never heard of Sister Agatha! I might have to look into that, it sounds interesting. Also, so does Haunted Bookshop.

Y'know I've been wanting to read Sheila Connoly's Orchard series, but I was never sure what to think! I'll look into it. Also, my library has the first coffeehouse mystery by Cleo Coyle - It's on my to-check-out list! And the Southern Sewing series is on my to-buy list!

As to what a cozy is - my theory is that a cozy mystery is anything that's a mystery but ISN'T a thriller, as well. For example, Agatha Christie mysteries are about murders, and the Hercule Poirot ones have a real detective, BUT they aren't necessarily thrillers? A lot of modern cozies have some kind of theme like a craft or hobby, but I wouldn't consider that in the definition.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote