View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Nice, a cool enhancement to the windows version would be a windows interface for inputting the values needed (a .pyw I think?).

Also, I never knew that a mobi had an imbedded thumbnail. What do you get if you don't give it a new thumbhail. My test mobi looked perfectly normal in Kindlepreviewer and I just omitted the -t switch from the command line when I tested it? What size should the thumbnail be?

Will this be included in future tools updates?
Alf is welcome to include it in the tools, but since it doesn't affect DRM (& isn't affected by DRM*) it can be hosted here at mobileread.

I suspect that most modern Mobipocket readers ignore the thumbnail image. It 'ought' to have a maximum dimension of 240 pixels.

Yes, it would be possible to add a tk interface to the script, but I don't have much incentive, since I much prefer using my Mac. But if someone else wants to have ago, that would be great. [EDIT: I added one in version 1.0.2]

I suppose it would be possible to add in (some of) the Python Imaging Library and have the thumbnail generation done by the python script, making it easier to use cross-platform.

And for that manner, some sanity-checking of the cover image dimensions and file size would be beneficial.

Perhaps others will be inspired to contribute.

*That is, it's possible to replace the cover on a DRMed Kindle/Mobipocket file without first stripping the DRM, and the DRMed file will work fine afterwards with the device it's intended for.

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote