Thread: Writing goals
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Sorry Orlok, didn't see this till now. I counted the words on several pages of an admittedly Swedish book and got just short of 400. Same with the paperback of the same book. In fact I could see that the paperback was identical apart from a smaller typeface.

Just a few days ago I saw another value, unfortunately as I write I can't rememeber where, which gave about 270 for hardback and 240 for paperback. I thought those figures were pretty low actually.

What do you mean that Scrivener defaults to 350 per page? In my copy I only see character adn word counts. Character count is pretty worthless, but that's where I get the day's word count from. Is there another setting in version 2 that I've not found yet?
Thanks for the explanantion. I agree 270/240 sounds low.

I'm using Scrivener v1.0.3, and in the Project/Project Statistics display it shows a number of pages your book equates to in paperback. If you then click on the Options Tab within that same display window, it gives you a Words per page field, which defaults to 350, but can be altered. I was just wondering if there was a "standard" word count for hardbacks and paperbacks, and that you may have the inside track....
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote