View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 04:30 AM   #206
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KloudZ View Post
Hi szarroug3!
Thank you for your plugin.
My situation is like this: I have two Kindle voyage devices logged with two different Amazon accounts, one for the U.S. and the other one China. I purchased the book from Chinese store https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B00HVPSXNS/ and sync to my Chinese Kindle. I want to keep a copy on my U.S. Kindle, so I downloaded a azw3 file from Amazon, added to Clibre, with the DeDRM plugin.

What I then did was as followed:
1. Edited the DeDRMed azw3 by adding some chapters in the ToC
2. Grabbed the asc file in the Chinese Kindle
3. Used the edited azw3 and the original asc file to create a new X-Ray file with your plugin
4. Sent the edited azw3 and the new asc file to my U.S. Kindle

The result in my U.S. Kindle:
1. When I try to highlight the key words in the text, the x-ray information won't show up.
2. When I open the X-Ray function, the highlighted texts appear to be wrong, a few letters after the supposed texts.
3. Basically I'm not able to enjoy the X-Ray as intended.

Is there anything wrong I did?
I've realized the original book language is Spanish. Bacause of this, perhaps your problem is similar mine. I've just reported about problems with characters which name contains chars with more than one byte in UTF-8 representation. I'm working to solve the bug. If you want, you can send me the book and the asc file and I can check if my first version solve your problem.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote