View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, that was the thread that I started. I'm a huge fan of radio shows, and have hundreds of GB of them on disk. The nice thing about radio is that it doesn't use much storage space, so you can fit huge amounts onto an iPod!

Must admit that comedy from before my own time doesn't really appeal - I've always found comedy to be a very "generational" thing. The BBC have done excellent radio versions of some of its classic TV comedy shows - Dad's Army, Yes Minister, Steptoe and Son, etc; all wonderful!

Drama is more my thing. I'm a big fan of all the old detective ad SF shows, both British an American (although I do still find it very odd, when listening to, say, the 1940s "Sherlock Holmes" stories from the US, to hear Dr Watson suddenly going into rhapsodies about "Petri wine", or whoever happened to be sponsering the show at the time ).

In case anyone doesn't know, "Internet Archive" (www.archive.org) hosts a massive collection of old (mainly American) radio shows. And it's all legally downloadable, too!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote