View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I hope not!
gawds I agree!! The LCD on the nook is the single most useless bit of hardware on any ereader...it shows thumbnails of books in color...whoopie the ereader world is revolutionized and saved!! I like the Alex though, won't buy one, but if one wants a smaller reader with a dual LCD + eink device, it can probably do a decent job of using the LCD compared to the quite limited set of options with the nook's LCD panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I don't think we will see a new Kindle until color epaper is out.
yerp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
There are a lot of new 5" ebook readers that are quite popular. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon release their own 5" Kindle. I'd expect it to cost $179 or so, so as to beat the competitors on price by a little and still leave enough of a price gap for the $259 6".

Personally, I think there would be a decent-sized market for a 5" Kindle. The PRS-300 is very popular and so are the HanLin clones.
I doubt it...maybe but I dunno because of the whole keyboard idea. I have to say the keyboard is actually quite useful, even the one on the K1. So, I don't see them pushing their users, who are no imprinted on a keyboard, taking well to a non-keyboard version because that is just like every other reader on the market. I think the other companies simply beat Amazon to the punch on this form factor and their is simply not much Amazon can do about it.

BTW, right now one can buy a few colors of the PRS-300 on Amazon for $179 including shipping...I think that's a pretty decent buy and hard for Amazon to compete with...yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Your left off the "IMO".
+1 as well as "H" part of IMHO...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote