View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #11
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
LRF is basically a compressed XML.

The Reader displayes it much faster than PDF and with formatting/images/etc. (unlike TXT). You can always keep the original source file for future needs, but for putting it on the Reader, I do recommend converting it to LRF.
I don't know about much of a speed difference, I haven't viewed a comic lrf but I have seen it load pics and I don't think an optimized pdf could display much faster. Also, I do lots of preprocessing beforehand on the images.

The script is sony-convert-archives2pdf, you can search the forum and find it.

I'm not interested in converting files from their native format on my computer (I'll make exceptions for html -> txt or pdf -> txt) but I just have no interest in converting a file from it's very acceptable native format to another that would exist only on my reader. No thanks. I like just coping over or backing up without having multiple formats of the same things (I have this problem already as it is). Also, I don't need images unless it's a comic and I have very good scripts for converting. I don't personally like lrf at all, I like the small font size that .txt brings me. I do have some but only because that's the format I grabbed at the time.

Last edited by sealbeater; 11-04-2008 at 02:25 AM.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote