View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack443 View Post
The magnet isn't that big. It's a little shorter than an SD card, half as wide, and only slightly thicker. Also, my cover has a pocket in the front. If the magnet (or more precisely the magnetism) won't damage the reader it should work out.
Do you mean an SD card or a micro-SD card of the sort the Kobo uses? If the former, that's still a lot bigger than the magnet I've been using.

The Kobo does not use a magnetic hard drive for storing books or software, so it seems unlikely that you would corrupt your data. However, I'm not an electrical engineer and I'm not qualified to give you advice on using such relatively powerful magnets with the Kobo. Anyway, it sounds as if you have your mind made up. Good luck.

Last edited by rwhe; 01-24-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: good luck
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote