Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #24
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
I am a PRS-T2 owner (since a couple of months ago), and I begin to hate sony for selling me this product. And yea, if I am gona buy a e-reader again in future, I will probaly go for things like glo and never look back to sony.

The reason? many, but in short, they are not making serious ereaders.

First of all, I think PRS-T2 is a rather down grade from T1. like ink is not as dark as t1 (I have seen this comparison in an online video somewhere, although I dont own a t1), took away the audio function. On the specification, sony try to give fake numbers to make t2 appear better than t1, like 2 g internal memory, which I found not true after purchase, still 1.3 g, same as t1. And sony also claims t2 can have up 30000 page turns (where in t1 it says 14000) and can be used up to 2 month, where I find if I read t2 for a week without charge, it will be dead (btw it takes just a few hundreds page turns, and ofc, I turnd wifi off), I just find being tricked where sony just upgrade its product by faking up numbers, while physically downgrading the stuff...

Another thing t2 bugs me a lot is that, when I added over 100+ books, its bugness nature begin to arise... It is like, when I add 10 additional books to it since that, only about 5 of them will show up in bookshelf, and the rest 5 will not be reconized. So I have to use calibre everytime when I want to put books to t2, just to make sure it does not miss any book I throw in there(btw, I did try sony's reader management software, but it's just too buggy and crush-friendly to rely on).

About t2's wifi stuff, I just have to ignore its existence. First because of its bugfulness, I just don't want to put books in t2 without using calibre, because the chances are, the books won't be reconized by t2. So, I just have to give up fantasies on downloading from public library, and using drop box. Btw, the net surfing for t2 is REALLY SLOW, I just don't have the patience to use it to access libraries... I have heard glo has a better processor, so I think that would be really nice, actually that will be rather a killing feature for a wifi ereader, because without a good processor, wifi is practially useless in surfing the net... not only useless, but costs money to have one on you reader, and drains battery if you leave it on...

lol it seems that I have complained too much (but I still have more to complain...). Anyways, I do like the t2 with its case, perfect fit, like a real note book,and looks really cool by holding it around, and I think thats all t2 is unique for...

Last edited by ghero; 11-03-2012 at 02:14 AM.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote