View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I put my Touch in a bubble-wrap envelope

But, where that would protect against scratches, it won't be protected against pressure on the screen.
Me, I just slip my Touch into an old plastic hard drive envelope, with a piece of corrugated cardboard that's wrapped in duct tape to protect the screen. [the duct tape's optional, but I don't happen to have particularly good scissors, so the edges were all ragged and prone to dropping off bits and cardboard dust - not good when that crap gets into the opening around the screen]

It's cheap - and sturdy enough to protect from damage while my Touch is in my backpack or my back pocket. Also doesn't double the weight of the Touch like a decent cover would. Doesn't look good, but so what? I'm not one of those types who has to make a big show out of being seen taking it out or putting it away, so it's not like anyone's going to actually notice.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote