View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Pretty much the same old. Same old. Limited on-board storage. No removable storage.

I think that the old, "very old it seems to me," problem of limited on-board storage and no removable storage is still thwarting the use of eReaders as all purpose devices, at least straight out of the box, so to say.
Eh. Amazon's got that ecosystem they want to lock you into. Doesn't excuse the Kobo Arc's lack of removable storage, though - they don't *have* an ecosystem to lock people into, just books. (and, yes, the lack of a microSD slot tosses both into the Never Buy Under Any Circumstances pile for me. Even if I just used either as an ereader, that lack still hurts as keeping my sideloaded library on a card is far more convenient and with no risk of loss if I have to factory reset - had to factory reset my Kobo Touch far too many times to ever trust internal-only storage)

Last edited by JD Gumby; 09-06-2012 at 10:11 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote