View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
gpc127
grant
gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.gpc127 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle
validation problem with Sigil

Hi Threaders,
I am new to e-book creation. Taking an open office document, saving it as html, then to Calibre to convert to epub, then to Sigil for editing. Making lots of new chapters and all is working well. However when I validate I get certain error messages.

OEBPS/images/cover_picture.jpeg the resouce is present in the OPF<manifest> but it is not reachable (it's unused)
OEBPS/content.opf the <title> element is missing
OEBPS/content.opf the <language> element is missing

If anyone has time to explain the fixes for these I would be very grateful. I live in a small costal village in eastern australia and do not have easy access to your combined braininess.

I can get to the content.opf and the toc in html but I am wary of editing until I understand my problem more clearly. I need to be able to write the <title> and <language> in the second line of the content.opf but am unsure how to do this in html. I can find no line/s with <title> or <language> to edit in title of book or English as it seems to demand. Is there a formula I should follow?

cheers

grant

Last edited by gpc127; 05-11-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: more info
gpc127 is offline   Reply With Quote