View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #16
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Just want to say thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear when I logged into the forums for the first time in a long time. A piece of new hardware coming out! I love new tech. It's a terrible addiction that follows me through all my hobbies. All I can do now is start hoping it is a pearl screen eink reader that reads epubs and costs the same or less than a kindle. If so, Bingo!

Thanks AnemicOak +Karma
Historically, anything that "costs less than a Kindle" will hold that position for about two days, then Amazon undercuts them.

I suspect Barnes and Noble has pretty well given up the low price game and they know they're always going to be about $10 more than Amazon. They just don't have the resources to compete with Amazon in that arena. The nook color was an awesome move for them ... coming out with something that Amazon wasn't (yet) providing at all. It'll be interesting to see what they announce at the end of this month.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote