View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I have the answer that you can't BUY books from their store without installing the Reader software.

I then asked, OK, once the software is installed, can I buy the book and download it to ADE instead?

That is my question now. Telling me to "suck it up" is pointless because I've already accepted that I have to install the software to PURCHASE the book; now I'm asking if I have to use the software to ACCESS the book.

I understand that Sony uses Adobe DRM, so I'm wondering if the purchased book can be downloaded into ADE and managed there.

Can you please answer that question for me?
You can always import the ebook or the whole folder from the Reader Library into ADE, which creates a logical link. Or, you can use whatever file manager you have (i.e. Windows Explorer) to physically copy or move the file/folder from Reader Library to ADE.

Either way, you can manage your ebooks with ADE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote