View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #44
vbkun
Enthusiast
vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vbkun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Maybe sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post

The question is whether it ever will be there.
______
Dennis

Just quoted to give some context, but in general I would agree with all you have spoke, actually i do agree, considering current times.

But as I've stated I was considering the importance of that being 'one step' in a LONG time frame. Not something for the next 5/6 years, but something in between the next 10/15.

If u'd take a long study in most techs we use today, u'd see they started like 20/30 years as something that, like the color e-ink, wasn't really any useful.

And for the "whether it ever will":

Companies need to get new technologies on new products to raise sells, e-ink black and white won't last forever. Eventually every single product has it's sales peak, then it starts going down.

When the product it's technology based, u need to add a new tech on it to get a new peak. So it doesn't really matter if people will actually want a color e-ink display because they are tired of their black and white. It will just happen, and people will either have to choose between "lcd + low battery + eyestrain" vs a color e-ink. And from what I've researched already on the topic screens, I don't see anything coming for the next years that can save battery for reading like e-ink does.

Unless of course companies can come up with something better than e-ink to replace it.Then color e-ink will fade to death, because it will be replaced by some new tech. which mimics most of it's characteristics and adds some more.
vbkun is offline   Reply With Quote