View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #10
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Sigh. Because when I click on Calibre waiting for it to activate, I go on to other work and when Calibre finally recovers it interrupts me and uses whatever mouse clicks or keypress I was performing. ...
If you're doing this, calibre is NOT using whatever mouse clicks or keypresses you were performing. What is happening is that calibre is finally moved into active memory by your OS and is being given focus by the OS. It will then take new entries (mouse and/or keyboard) you make, perhaps made without your realizing that the OS has switched focus to calibre. It's somewhat dangerous to activate a program and then switch to using another while the first launches or is returned to active memory.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote