View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #196
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
@BR - As we discussed last time (not trying to belabor the point--just documenting it as I remember it), saving the sorts that are currently in effect is what I think it should do.

You can always explicitly set your sorts by editing the View in the config dialog. You can even clear the sort history by using a View with no columns selected in sort.

@Terisa de morgan - Yes, to clear a search/restriction/VL when selecting a new View, you check the Apply checkbox while leaving the dropdown empty in that View's config. That's the existing behavior, my changes don't effect it (except for adding VL, of course).

To me, that's the desired behavior. If I have a search/restriction/VL up and I switch between my 'Wide' (for full screen) and 'Narrow' (for everyday use) Views, I don't want those changed. For people who do, that's why the checkboxes are there.

Would it be better if there was text explaining that in the tooltips? Or even a new label?

I'm unaware of any case where VM could modify an existing search. It should only replace it or leave it.

Thanks to both of you for your interest and input.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote