View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #21
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@jesscat - you are absolutely right, there is a difference exactly as stated. I am kind of on the fence on this one and could be convinced to change it so that you have to reverse the order in the plugin.

I did it the way it is currently because it is how I mentally think, and in other applications if you are asked to specify a primary and then secondary sorts you would always put the primary sort first.

That you have to click on columns in Calibre in the opposite order is just a function of how grid sorting works, not intutively how our brains think about how to sort.

So if I want to sort by author and then by title, to me it makes sense to have author at the top and title underneath.

However I am well aware that this is the opposite of what you would actually click on in the grid. What do people prefer?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote