View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
I own a DR800SG and a Kindle 2, not a DX. However, I also have an eDGe with the same size e-ink screen as the DX so I can kind of extrapolate (except for "look & feel"). I think the iRex is a better choice unless one of the following things rise to enough importance:
  1. Amazon Store - still the widest selection of ebooks and the easiest to browse and find what you're looking for. One-click purchasing: I like that you can download a free sample of an ebook and when you get to the end there's a link to purchase. Click and you can pick up where you left off in the full ebook in a minute or so.
  2. Full-page PDFs - the DR800, with the firmware update, handles PDFs better than the Kindle DX. But there's no substitute for size if you want to see an entire PDF page at once. I always switch to my eDGe for PDF viewing.
  3. Dictionary - the iRex doesn't have one.

Otherwise I can see only aesthetics or perhaps a preference for the DX user interface (I know I like my Kindle 2 page-turn buttons a lot) as reasons not to get the DR800.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote