View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Lost in source code- Adventures in fetching metadata.

Perhaps some kind soul will steer me to the module or relevant part thereof that controls the loading of title and author from the fetched metadata into the database.

My author and title data is pretty good, but I want summary info, images and social metadata. When I download that data, the author and title are overwritten, and I want to temporarily modify the code to prevent this. I want it to look up the author and title, show them to me and let me select the best match, but not actually load those two items, while continuing to load the other items. I find myself constantly copying the author and title data and repasting it after I've selected the closest book in the search results.

Unfortunately, my Python skills suck. I've been through fetch.py and fetch_metadata.py and related ui files, but I can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for. I can find the part of the code relating to the results on each row of the search, and I can control those results, but that's too early. I need to find the data just before it comes back and overwrites the initial author/title data. I can't find the line (or even the right module) where the data from the selected book on the search screen is brought back to the edit metadata screen.

This is just for my temporary use, not a proposed feature. Thanks to anyone who can help get me to the right module or area of the source I should be looking at.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote