View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
PocketBook 360 arrived today

My PocketBook 360 arrived today from Germany. I was very lucky in that I was not asked to pay any Custom fees or VAT by the courier. The Euro 239 price did include a 19% German tax which I had paid to the vendor. I just expected to pay extra UK fees when it was delivered so I had a pleasant surprise.

I really like this little reader and I think the ergonomics on it are great.

I have a small problem with Adobe Digital Edition epubs in that there are only 3 different font sizes. The smallest one is too small and the other two are too large. Has anyone got any ideas to overcome this or perhaps suggest a suitable font that will be more acceptable. I have overcome the problem of page numbers appearing in the RH margin by increasing this to 15.0 pt in Calibre.

I did investigate FBReader but I eventually decided that was a no go. FRReader does not display any scene breaks and does not understand the blockquote tag. It even omitted a salutation because it was superceded by a blockquote. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the formatting in FBR I would be pleased to hear - within correct XHTML guidelines if possible.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote