View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #15
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Update v.1.2 | 13 Mar 2016.

I have proofed the following books against the first British editions, mostly:

Almayer's Folly against the 1895 T. Fisher Unwin edition;

An Outcast of the Islands against the 1896 T. Fisher Unwin edition;

The Nigger of the “Narcissus” against the 1898 William Heinemann edition (the first retail edition);

Tales of Unrest against the 1898 T. Fisher Unwin edition;

Lord Jim against the 1900 William Blackwood & Sons edition;

Youth and Two Other Stories against the 1902 William Blackwood & Sons edition;

Typhoon and Other Stories against the 1903 William Heinemann edition;

Nostromo against the 1904 Harper & Brothers edition;

The Secret Agent against the 10th Methuen & Co. edition from 1920 (I couldn’t find an earlier one);

A Set of Six against the 1920 Methuen & Co. edition;

’Twixt Land and Sea against the 1912 J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd. edition;

Chance against the 1914 Methuen & Co. Ltd. edition (the first retail edition);

Within the Tides against the 1915 J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd. edition;

The Shadow Line against the 1917 J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd. edition;

The Arrow of Gold against the 1927 T. Fisher Unwin, Ltd. edition (the printer of the 1st edition couldn’t tell a c from an e, so you get the 10th); and

Tales of Hearsay against the 1925 Doubleday, Page & Co. edition (the American one, as there seems to be no early British edition).

Thousands of mistakes and variants have been corrected, so please let me know if you find any mistakes.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote