View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:57 AM   #28
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Hitch said
Quote:
in ADE, that simply does not work, and it's a bastard on Nooks.
Well, that is mightily depressing. Faux small caps don't work? But it is just a simple span, how could they mess up something that basic? Must I give up my drop cap with faux small caps?

@cybmole, I agree. I personally like to use a logical phrase or sentence fragment, not necessarily the same number of words for each chapter. I really don't like the "single word" set off this way -- a short word like "the" or "but" looks like an orphan child sitting there in its solitary all-caps splendor. Even if traditional publishers have been using that for several centuries now (at least since the mid-1800's).
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote