View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99 View Post
Thanks for all the info. As soon as I wanted the device to crash so I could look at the logs, it stopped crashing. I updated to 5.3.6 just because, and cvm's classpath is still ridiculously long, so it cuts off in the middle of a jar's pathname. The interesting question is whether this is a display issue or if the classpath really is being cut off.
nope, it isn't cut off. If it was, you could be sure that cvm would crash all the time, for every single K5 user out there...

Quote:
To that end, would it be possible to edit the command that invokes cvm to have only the relevant jars included. Come to think of it, why didn't amazon simply use "/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/*"?
All of the jars that are "mentioned" are relevant in one way or another.

... And, come to think of it: was does "*" mean? Should it be the shell which understands and expands "*", or should it be the program? What difference does it make?

(to answer those rhetorical questions: yes, it's the shell, and no, it makes no (functional) difference whatsoever, except that if the shell already does it, the program doesn't have to worry about wildcard expansion, resulting in less complexity. Seems logical to have the shell do it - after all, it's part of its job description)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote