View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please don't exaggerate.
What basic things are you missing?
I should have added an "in my opinion" to that statement.

I miss that defaults and settings are not retained across runs or across documents, like Fullscreen in PDF Reader, or the Stroke-Width in Scribble. Small things like deleting all annotations and all scribbles from a PDF File. Renaming bookmarks is just another thing. The improved PDF Reader only works for PDF and DJVU still opens with the old one. In my opinion, again, the reading controls are a little akward to understand and use (that's perhaps because there is no documentation for the new firmware yet). Etc...

I'm merely stating that there are dozens of these small "rough edges" which give me the overall impression of a kind of alpha Software. On a second thought, this might be my impression because the firmware has so many things, the issues with which sum up to more.

After all though, the M92 has one of the highest prices on the market and I think at that price it's ok to make note of these many, although small issues which are not yet ironed out.

I wouldn't want to leave this without saying that it probably wasn't fair to state this without saying that, while I miss these things, the rate at which you improve them and the interaction with the community is far beyond everything I've ever experienced and, at least for me, easily makes up for any insufficiencies the firmware may (still) have.

Last edited by ManDay; 11-15-2012 at 04:21 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote