View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, belief in a sacred text certainly isn't a requirement for religion; as I said, most religions in the ancient world (Judaism bring the notable exception) were based on performing rituals, not on texts. And that's my point: that the body of literature that we call "Greek mythology" are not, and never were, religious texts.
Sorry, my bad. Reading too fast, while absorbing too little.

You're quite right of course, today's Greek myths were certainly never religious texts of any kind, only morality tales and the like.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote