View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrry94087 View Post
I have a SimpleTouch v.1.0.1 and thinking about updating it's software. My motivation: I like b&n epub reader. Plus it is nice to keep software updated.

All installed android packages are updated by android automatically. But what about the original packages (some are b&n specific) and other parts of android that originally came with the Nook?

There is 1.1.2 update (.zip) file available for download from b&n website. It has 644 files, many .apk files, .so, etc.

Did anybody try to use this on the rooted nook? Will this unroot it if I just follow instructions that came with update? I am thinking maybe it is a good idea to just install .apk only?

Any experiences in this area?
I do not have experience with exactly your situation, but generally, updating the full system with the manufacturer's ZIP will cause you to lose root. That it why you really need to use an app like OTA RootKeeper to save your root status and then restore it after your update is complete.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote