View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #46
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9littlebees View Post
Mrs Often, fear not, I will be looking at covers in some detail just for you, and have added a point about ordering the same book in both DRM epub and kepub from the Kobo store. Can you suggest any (cheap) titles?
Aww thanks Any old freebie will do, and I see you've already found some

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9littlebees View Post
OK, I've completely updated the first post so that it now contains my entire outline for the review. I'll update this list with additional requests as they come up. Here it is, to save jumping back to the first page...
Wow nice huge fat list! Made yourself a big chunk of work there!

I just realised that a lot of our questions (my own included) are things we could find out on the Touch with new firmware as well... more or less. I have another question concerning the front light LEDs... I see you already have some stuff about that in your outline, but as I'm not sure what exactly you're planning to say about them, I'll just add my query.

I'm concerned that the light will be too bright, even at its most dim setting. When I read in the dark, I only need very very little light to read, and the more light, the more tired my eyes get. I have an E-luminator now that (I think) has two or three LEDs in there and three different brightness settings. Even the most dim setting is sometimes too bright, and as the Glo will have more LEDs... well, you get the picture. Could you test it in the dark, and see how much light the dimmest settings gives? I'm not sure how you're supposed to review that, as of course this could be extremely subjective... but it's worth a try I'd say.

Thanks again 9littlebees, I'm sure I can speak for lots (most? all??) of us and say we're extremely happy you're putting so much of your time into this for us!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote