View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
How to stop auto-downloading of books on my Kindle?

I think my first question (in this post) about having two instances of Kindle for PC listed on Amazon has been answered, though feel free to add any additional information about that.

My second question, explained in post #2 on this thread, is related to my Kindle automatically downloading all books in my archive as soon as I turn on the 3G and how to stop that from happening. I would love to know if anyone else has had that problem and what they did to correct it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=2

I edited the title to reflect my second question.

I have recently noticed that on the Manage your Kindle page on Amazon.com, I have two versions of Kindle for PC listed. I don't recall ever installing a second version and I only have one listed in my installed programs list.

On the Amazon page they are listed as Kindle for PC and Kindle for PC 2.

There is an option to deregister each of them, and I was considering clicking deregister for the second one... but I'm not sure if I should.

I think having a second listing may have messed up a Calibre plug-in that requires a PID. I can't remember where I found the K4PC PID... it was a long time ago... but I just noticed that plug-in no longer works. (Unless it was a recent Calibre update that broke the plug-in.)

Last edited by blue_skies; 09-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote