View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Wife stole the device (momentarily) ... ... so here are my comments so far ..

Extremely responsive screen
Wow! I mean, wow! ... really responsive, the screen itself and how the operating system reacts itself. Zero or no lag. I would say as fast as an iPad and better than Nook Color.

Full Android Market
No hacks, no rooting, nothing! It works out of the box! Kindle and B&N apps installed already and work perfectly. Is not that cool? ... is like a Nook Color with steroids, hahaha...

Light!
13 ounces! Yes, only 13! Just a bit heavier than Nook 1st generation and 2 oz less than Nook Color. Weight is more a relative thing than a fact, but when comparing with other tablets this one is way much lighter. You can't go to B&N with an iPad under your arm, you can with this baby.

Super fast Internet
I do have high speed connection at home but the browser itself (I installed Dolphine from Android Market) is super fast. I barely tested the Tmobile 3G but fast enough to email and browse Internet with the HSPA when available; I do need more testing on that. I also read (have not checked yet) that is smart enough to switch between 3G and Wifi automatically.

And of course, accelerometer for landscape, pinch capabilities, 2 cameras (front and back)

For my wife's magazines, "on the go" Internet needs and sporadic Kindle/B&N usage (on same device) this tablet is awesome! Not a replacement for my Kindle 3 or Kindle DX though.

To be continued ....

Last edited by jocampo; 01-14-2011 at 08:52 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote