View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #13
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnvs View Post
Thanks a lot. All of you have been so kind and considerate. I find the website smashwords.com very interesting. Can someone guide me how to convert these books into a suitable format for ebookwise? Thanks again
Hi, I have a few ebookwise ebook readers and have written a lot of software that allows ebooks in other formats to be converted to the .imp ebook format as well allow it to be transferred to the eBookwise 1150 (aka EBW1150).

First you should read the Attention: All eBookwise newbies! post in the Fictionwise eBookwise forum here. It will help you understand your eBookwise a bit better.

If you have any specific problems or issues, just post in the Fictionwise eBookwise forum and help will be on it's way...

I have never used the smashwords.com ebook site, but from what I just have gathered it has DRM-free ebooks which unfortunately are not in the .imp ebook format. That's no problem once you have downloaded and installed my freeware Mobi2IMP available here and download/buy a Kindle (.mobi) ebook format. Mobi2IMP then allows you to convert that .mobi ebook into .imp for your eBookwise as well as allows you to perhaps tweak the formatting a bit to suit your tastes. Please note that Mobi2IMP requires that you also download and install the freeware eBook Publisher available here.

Try getting these two programs installed and convert a sample ebook to .imp and try transferring it to your ebookwise. I am available to help smooth out any bumps along the way you may encounter. Just ask here...

By the way, there is also a way to convert the .lit ebook format directly into .imp as well as automatically download Project Gutenberg public domain books directly into .imp ebook format. We can tackle these afterwards, if you so desire.

Cheers!

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-28-2010 at 10:50 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote