View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I can't even begin to answer all your questions Bethany but the only thing that changed with the PW2 was the Carta screen, which IMO is a good enough reason to upgrade. With Voyage they introduced page press sensors, a sharper crisper screen and the auto bright feature. Only you can decide if they are enough to justify the price of a Voyage.

I have a Voyage, I have had a PW2 and I have three Kobo's. I love my Kobo's, I haven't had software issues but I have had hardware problems, I went through 4 H20's and 6 Glo's to get my two devices, and my Aura has pin holes, not major ones, but they are there.

Software, apart from two out of the box format disc errors I haven't had any issues, I've had my Aura for a year, the Glo and H20 are new. Support for Kobo's from Kobo CS is pretty much non existent, if you buy a Kobo expect to be your own support by googling or using the Kobo forum.

There are plugins to deal with the margins, although the 'fix' for full screen reading has a few bugs and I don't use it, I use the Kepub Output Plug in and the Kobo Touch Extended plug in to send my epubs to my Kobo as Kepubs, they render much better than epubs.

There are multiple threads in both this forum and the kindle and kobo forums comparing the Voyage to a H20, I would read through those and most of your questions should be answered.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-11-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote