View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
When I was in the Navy I had a shipmate who had been forced into a three year extension before he could retire. He had a home and family in Idaho, but was living in a senior enlisted barracks room (basically a studio apartment) in San Diego.

He once told me that if they'd let him retire he'd be out of the gate that afternoon.

I said "But it would take you longer than that to get your stuff out of your room."

He said "It's just stuff, I can get more stuff."

I've remembered that and have tried to live by it for nearly 40 years now.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote