View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
lindsayw
Author from pBook days
lindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle-3-Keyboard; 8" Android Tablet
OK, problem solved. It's a work-around that should not have been necessary, but at least the reader will not know that. I have a css class called "divider" which is usually just a row of 5 centered asterixes in a slightly larger font-size, for chapter break-points, so I made a small version of the illustration and embedded it in a divider, 2 asterixes each side... it looks intentional, because it appears at a natural break-point, anyway.

It raises an interesting question, though... do established formats like MOBI undergo occasional upgrades to accommodate new demands or are they now set in stone? I know that ePub is still very much a work in progress, but we poor Kindle owners can't afford that luxury.
lindsayw is offline   Reply With Quote