View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frafra View Post
I read that Tolino ereaders are a bit less robust than the Kobo ones and Kobo assistance/services have better reviews. It could be just because Italy is a marginal market for Tolino and they decide to focus on different countries, so they don't compete with Kobo as you said.
If by "less robust" they mean simpler (with fewer features and less customization) that's true. For me, since my eyes have issues with front-lit eInk screens, the Tolino Page is the only eReader I have with an E-Carta screen. Even though it has a lower resolution then most E-Carta screens (800x600), it's still noticeably "whiter" than the Pearl (and earlier) screens on my other readers. That and the fact I can download ePubs directly from the library makes me happy with it. One thing, however, that I don't like is that it's supposed to allow custom fonts but loading them almost never works. So, yes, there are definite compromises with the Tolino.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote