View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 AM   #28
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've moved Hyne's works online. Oppenheim's, Wells's and Garnett's are too many, maybe later if I feel bored enough. For Van Dine's, we received a takedown notice from the US copyright holder and thought it safer to comply (at least for now).
OK, and thanks. Those were just examples (I could probably find others, but it doesn't seem possible to get a full listing of the offline works like it is in the online library, other than scraping the site).

If I had to choose, then some of Wells' short stories (please!), since not many are translated into danish, and my old paperbased volume in english contains only about half his production - "The Thing in No. 7", anyone?

Van Dine is strange, but in the US, you can prolong the copyright beyond death+70, right? - Over here, it's death+70, and no prolonging, ever, no matter if you being Disney or the king of Norway. But I've found 12 of his novels at canadian-based "faded pages", and that should keep me happy for a couple of months, since they're legal to me as a EU-citizen.

Which only serves to prove, that the people making copyright laws hasn't discovered this little thing called the internet …

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 02-25-2017 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Typo
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote