View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
DreamStatic
Enthusiast
DreamStatic began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, computer
Yes, the thought would be to have either one that reads comicinfo.xml when adding the files, and/or the option in this plugin to update the data from either the zip comment or comicinfo.xml. That way if I update the data outside Calibre, it would be easy to pull in those updates thru your plugin.

I would love to be able to utilize the additional items Comicrack includes such as Penciller, Writer, Cover Artist, etc. either to custom fields or just concatenate them all into the Comments. So from this point of view, be super cool to have a GUI that would show all fields I have available in Calibre, and then a way to map the nodes of the xml to each of these fields. With additional ability to add text and nodes together. So I could build a title from <series>Army of Darkness</series> + " #" + <seriesNumber>1</seriesNumber> + " - " + <title>Release the Kraken</title> which would then load Army of Darkness #1 - Release the Kraken to the Title field in Calibre.

Just trying to think out loud and save me from having to retag all my comics down the road. I would like to figure out a way to do right the first time.

I can do some of this thru the Importlist plugin, but it isn't really built for this and can only do one file manually at a time, so it is very time consuming. And it doesn't have the ability to add nodes with text to build custom results which I believe will be the killer feature. Here is the post I added to the Importlist plugin topic: Go there

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-16-2015 at 11:30 AM.
DreamStatic is offline   Reply With Quote