View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #45
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
One book per week

Not much of a poster here, though I'm an avid reader of the forum ^^

Goals:
  1. At least one book per week. OK so far
  2. Books from the MobileRead book club.
  3. Books from the Literary book club.
  4. Books from the Berkeley Book club on EdX.
  5. At least 4 books in German. Count: 0
  6. At least 2 books in Chinese. Count: 0
  7. Progress through current series (and do not start new ones).
  8. Vary genres (no just YA fantasy for once!).

I'm going to follow the book clubs to challenge myself a little and force myself to achieve Goal #8. I don't have a specific book count (at least 52) but I want to make sure I read regularly, hence Goal #1. I'll have to stop being so lazy to achieve Goal #5 (why are my German books so huge?) and Goal #6 is going to be a real challenge, even if I pick children's books...

Currently reading:
杨红樱 - 女生日记 (2006)作家出版社 (that's going to take a couple of month)
Mann, Thomas. (1912). Der Tod in Venedig.

So, week by week...
Spoiler:

Week 1: 12/28/2015 - 01/03/2016
Spoiler:
  • Arnaud, G. J. (1980). La compagnie des glaces (La compagnie des glaces #1). Fleuve Noir: Anticipation. Science fiction.
  • Arnaud, G. J. (1981). Le sanctuaire des glaces (La compagnie des glaces #2). Fleuve Noir: Anticipation. Science fiction.
  • Aillon, Jean d'. (2012). La conjuration des importants (Louis Fronsac #3). Labyrinthes. Historical fiction / Polar.
So far, they're all in French... It looks like I started a new series but I'm just re-reading the first few books (5): I read them 13 years ago, and don't remember much of what happened.
Goal #1 achieved for this week!

Last edited by Ansileran; 01-03-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote