View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #12
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
It was no coincidence that TSR was bought out by Wizards of the Coast a very short time after this failed; TSR was on the brink of collapse. This sort of thing makes me wonder if GW's financials are in as good a shape as everyone would like to believe.
I would be surprised if that is the case. Their share price is high, sales are high, they have several nice IPs that ain't going anywhere soon.

If anything was wrong, it would be dropping sales, due to GW's bad reputation and extreme prices I'd say.

Quote:
Not to say I'll be happy if GW collapses; far the contrary. The only remaining miniatures games have no narrative aspect and feel too much like I'm playing a video game on the tabletop.
In my opinion GW is the leading horse when it comes to dumbing down (Or WOWification..) tabletop games..
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote